I am a Psychotherapist, Coach and Constellator in private practice in Manly Sydney. I also see people in Avalon and on from all over Australia, on Zoom.
- Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Lunch-time Meditations
- Learning Coaching
- Constellation Workshops for personal and professional development
- Journaling and Inner Work weekly groups
- Diploma Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Bachelor Education
- Masters in Social Ecology
- Steiner Teaching Certificate
- Process Oriented Psychology
- Family Constellations
- Trauma and Grief
- Steiner Education
- Team management and Leadership
- Formerly Steiner Schools K-12 and Management
- Formerly Metavision Institute; Counselling Teacher
- Currently Australian College of Applied Psychology: Grief, Trauma, Creative Therapies, Lifespan, Counselling Skills, Counselling Methods, Groupwork, Positive Psychology, Student Support and Trainings
- Currently University of New England: Counselling Skills and Groupwork
Australian Counseling Association
What is your approach to therapy?
I listen, validate and respond. We’ll talk and use other channels; journaling, movement, short guided meditations, creative therapies, active imagination. My main processes come from general counselling and psychotherapy training, Process Oriented Psychology and Family Constellations.
What are some of the key conditions or reasons that your clients come to see you?
Depression, grief, anxiety, wanting to work on traumas from the past, feeling low, feeling stuck, unhappiness in relationships, addictions, life transitions e.g. school to uni, having a baby, children leaving home, retiring, losing work, adjusting to uni, study issues, living with pain, despair with climate change, worry about teenage children, arriving in a new area or country, covid life changes. People come when they are upset or stuck. They often keep coming, or comeback, when they want to enrich their lives.
What is your favourite aspect about the work that you do?
The deep gentle space the client and I enter in the therapeutic process. The honour of deeply listening to another. Seeing the strengths and beauty of each client, even when they feel bad inside. The joy of witnessing transformation.
What has been your journey into this space – or is this always what you knew you wanted to do?
I taught in Steiner Schools for many years and utterly loved it. Deep down I always wanted to be a psychotherapist and when I became one I worked with school students as a way of shifting professions. Now I work with all ages as a psychotherapist. But I still love working with study skills with years 11 and 12 and tertiary ed students. I have never lost the love of teaching and my favourite thing is running workshops.
What’s next for you in terms of future education, training or general life goals?
I’d love to study EMDR as it is such a powerful trauma healing method. I’m enjoying relocating my work to Manly and am starting up all my offerings there.
- Ongoing Constellations Workshops
- Meditative and contemplative practices
- Journaling and deep inner work practices
- Role switching… understanding the position of the other
- Self soothing and self regulating practices you choose and develop e.g. nature, breathing, mindfulness…
- Sensing and trusting your intuition
- Self compassion and self love
- Getting to know your essential ways of being and using them more
- Finding wisdom within
- Enjoying all the parts of you, even the scary or difficult ones
- Bringing out your marginalised parts e.g. creativity, leadership, sexual diversity and flow.
- Biography, learning from your whole life
- Making a timeline of the highs and lows of your life, to find your unique strengths, supports and resiliences.
- Grief groups; gently moving through together
ABN 9302 3503 834